Introduction to SAA-C02: For AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification
Individuals who work as solutions architects should take the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (SAA-C02) exam. The test verifies a candidate’s ability to use AWS technologies to create secure and reliable solutions.
The exam also verifies a candidate’s ability to perform the tasks listed below:
- Create a solution by utilizing relevant AWS services and according to architectural principles.
- Throughout the workload lifecycle, provide the company with implementation recommendations based on best practices.
Recommended knowledge and experience for SAA-C02 exam
The ideal candidate should have at least one year of hands-on experience with AWS services to create secure, cost-effective, high-performing, highly available, and scalable systems.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge and experience in the areas listed below:
- Hands-on expertise with AWS services such as networking, storage, computing, management, and databases.
- The ability to identify and describe technical requirements for an AWS-based solution.
- The ability to determine which AWS services are compatible with a specific technological need.
SAA-CO2 Exam Information
Exam Name: AWS Solutions Architect Associate (AWS-SAA)
Exam Code: SAA-C02
Exam Price: $150 USD
Duration: 130 minutes
Number of Questions: 65
Passing Score: 720 / 1000
If you want to get registered, these are the steps you should follow:
- You must first log in to aws.training.
- Then, at the top, select Certification.
- After that, go to your AWS Certification account and schedule a new exam.
- Check for the exam you want to take and schedule it using the Pearson VUI or PSI buttons.
The questions on the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate exam are multiple choice. Furthermore, this exam consists of 65 questions that must be answered in 130 minutes. The exam is available in the following languages: English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese. Also, the following kind of queries can be comprehended:
- Multiple choice questions require you to choose one accurate option from a set of four.
- Multiple response questions: There may be multiple right answers from the alternatives provided in this type of question.
It costs $150 USD to give the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate exam. To pass the exam, you’ll need a score of 70-75 percent. This exam is valid for three years.
Only the weightings, test domains, and objectives are included in the Solutions Architect Associate exam guide. This it is not a complete list of the exam’s content. The main content domains and their weightings are listed below:
Domain 1: Create Resilient Architectures (30% of the exam)
1.1 Creating a solution with a multi-tier architecture.
1.2 Creating architectures that are highly available and/or fault-tolerant.
1.3 Using AWS services to design decoupling mechanisms.
1.4 Choosing appropriate resilient storage.
Domain 2: Design High-Performing Architectures (28% of the exam)
2.1 Finding a workload’s elastic and scalable computing solutions.
2.2 Choosing storage options that are high-performing and scalable for a workload
2.3 Determining the best networking options for a workload
2.4 Determining the best database options for a workload
Domain 3: Design Secure Applications and Architectures (24% of the exam)
3.1 Creating safe AWS resource access
3.2 Secure application tiers design
3.3 Choosing the best data security alternatives
Domain 4: Create Cost-Optimized Architectures (18% of the exam)
4.1 Recognizing cost-effective storage options
4.2 Finding low-cost computing and database services
4.3 Creating network architectures that are cost-effective
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (SAA-C02) exam is graded as either a pass or a fail. The exam is graded against a minimal level defined by AWS specialists who follow best practices and principles in the certification industry.
The exam’s results are given on a scale of 100 to 1000, with a minimum passing score of 720. Your score indicates how well you did on the entire exam and whether or not you passed. Scaled scoring models are used to average marks across several exam forms with varying degrees of difficulty.
A classification table of your performance at each part level is included in the exam score report. In addition, this data is provides overall comments on your exam performance. The exam uses a compensatory scoring mechanism, which means you only need to “pass” the entire exam, not the individual sections. Furthermore, each component of the exam is weighted differently, so some sections have more questions than others. The table includes general information about you, as well as your strengths and shortcomings.
- Individuals giving the exam have to select one or more appropriate answers based on the type of the question.
- In the exam, there is no negative marking.
- Questions which are not answered will be marked as wrong.
- There can also be some content without any assigned score, so no score will be given on that.
- The exam is graded on a scale of 100 to 1000.
- You must obtain a minimum of 65% in the exam.
- The exam score report is presented in a table format, with each section displayed in order of performance.
- There are no rules for passing each section; all you have to do is achieve an overall passing score.
- Every section in this exam has a different weightage, with difference in the number of questions listed against each section in the exam.
- AWS Solution Architect Associate Exam is based on pass or fail format.
- Scoring in the exam is done by minimum standards established by AWS professionals as per the guidelines and practice.
AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate (SAA-C02) Exam F.A.Q
Does AWS require any programming skills?
The AWS exam does not necessitate any coding or programming knowledge. This test is appropriate for both technical and non-technical individuals. However, having a thorough understanding of IT infrastructure and the AWS cloud will be advantageous. This is entirely dependent on the AWS certification for which you are applying.
What happens if I fail AWS certification?
If you fail an AWS certification exam, Amazon has set restrictions that you must wait 14 days before taking the exam again.
Can I take the SAA-C02 exam online at home?
The new SAA-C02 test, as well as the other AWS certification examinations, will be available to take at home starting in March 2020. Please note that Pearson VUE is the only company that supports it, not PSI.
What is the exam retake policy?
Candidates who do not pass the exam must wait 14 days before being eligible to retake it. There is no limit to the number of exam tries a candidate can make until he or she passes the exam. However, the whole registration fee must be paid for each exam attempt. Takers of the beta exam are only allowed one attempt.
Where can we attend the AWS Certification exam?
Amazon is constantly expanding its testing facilities in the United States and around the world. To find a testing center near you, contact PSI. During the exam scheduling procedure, a list of available testing centers in the area is supplied, along with available days and times. Sign in to AWS training and click “Certification” in the top navigation, then “AWS Certification Account,” then “Schedule and Manage Exams” to get a full list of test centers. Enter your city or ZIP code to find a list of nearby test centers.