IT certification exams are very popular these days, but which one is the best in this year 2021? In this article, we will explore which certifications are the most demanding in today’s age and time. Before we start, it’s important to note that the certification you choose will depend on your specific situation. Different IT certifications are popular for different reasons and in various industries. We’ll share with you a basic list of what may be out there that is most relevant to our readership:
Best IT Certifications in 2021:
Security+ Certification by CompTIA: Security
+ Certification is a valuable certification for IT professionals, and it’s offered through CompTIA. It covers foundational principles of network security, compliance and operation security, threats and vulnerabilities as well as appropriate measures to manage them. Security+ is globally recognized by employers around the world including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), and Microsoft.
Security+ is highly recommended for IT professionals, such as a systems administrator or data security analyst who want to demonstrate knowledge of basic principles in network security, compliance and operation security, threats and vulnerabilities as well as appropriate measures to manage them. As the industry evolves with advancements in cloud computing, cyber-attacks, and more, this certification is essential to keep up.
CompTIA Network+ Certification:
Network+ certifies the skills needed for a variety of networking careers such as network engineer, help desk technician, or IT security professional. It prepares students with an understanding of networking technologies including how they impact business networks; installation, configuration, and management of network devices; and identification, troubleshooting, and resolution of common issues. Network+ is a globally recognized certification that will give you the knowledge to design reliable networks, install WiFi access points or Routers, deploy Internet Protocol (IP) addressing schemes as well as maintain them. If your job requires these skillsets then this is an excellent choice for certification.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA):
CCNA is an internationally recognized certification that will enable you to install, configure and operate LANs with the latest Cisco networking technology. CCNE certified professionals are suited for roles such as network administrator, help desk technician or IT security professional. This credential also provides foundational knowledge for the more advanced CCNP and CCIE certifications.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE):
The MCSE certification is a global gold standard for IT professionals who want to combine cloud, data center, mobility, and security skills into one powerful credential. It’s also an excellent choice if you are looking to step up your career into a senior-level IT position. This credential will provide you with the knowledge and skills to design, deploy and optimize Microsoft infrastructure in your own environment or as part of an enterprise team.
Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA):
Certified Cisco designers have experienced network specialists who can troubleshoot complex networks that include LANs, WANs, and wireless networks. This certification is a valuable credential for network engineers or IT security professionals who want to specialize in design rather than just the installation and configuration of Cisco hardware or software.
Other Important Certifications that will dominate the 2021:
The VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization(VCP). VCDX certification, which was formerly known as VCAP, has been discontinued since early 2019 but its successor vSphere Architect exam now exists and is considered a viable replacement for those who were previously considering obtaining their VCDX credential.
– MCSA or MTA certs from Microsoft Office 365 Training Certification Program. These credentials allow candidates to learn how to build solutions on top of the Azure platform using SQL Server , Microsoft Azure, or even Office 365.
– AIIA (AI Impact Analyst) certification from International Institute for Analytics(IIA). The IIA is the global leader in analytics and big data training. This organization has put a lot of effort into providing candidates with AI related certifications that truly meet business needs today.
– CISSP® Certification – Certified Information Systems Security Professional credential from ISC²® Society of IT Certifiers LLC™ . One of the most well respected cybersecurity accreditations available in the world, this certification will give you credibility as someone who understands how to manage risk across all aspects of your security program including cyber defense systems, policy development processes, personnel management procedures and incident response strategies
– CCNP R&S certification from Cisco. The CCNP is the newest in Cisco’s line of certifications and it will likely be one of the most popular IT certifications for 2021.
– AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (AWS SAA) credential from Amazon Web Services, Inc.. This certification was introduced to replace APN associate exam which has been discontinued since early 2019 but its successor VCDX certificate now exists and is considered a viable replacement for those who were previously considering obtaining their VCDX credential.
– PgMP certification. The PostgreSQL Management Professional Certification is an official postgresql academic program that provides education and training in database administration for the open source relational database management system, postgresql. It will help you to understand how to use this powerful tool efficiently whether you are a DBA or just want to get more out of your current databases.
– Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate (OCA) credential from Oracle Corporation® . This certification allows candidates who successfully complete four courses covering installation tasks, basic administration, SQL SELECT statements including INSERT INTO, UPDATE and DELETE commands on tables containing columns with different data types such as INTEGER and CHARACTER VARYING(VARCHAR), security and more to acquire skills in a comprehensive manner.
– CIW Web Specialist Exam from CompTIA ®. A good credential for those who want an entry-level certificate that offers them access to jobs such as web developer, website designer, multimedia specialist, or even some of the creative design roles within IT departments due to its general knowledge-based approach.
– Google Cloud Certified Professional – Associate certification. The GCP is one of the most popular certifications and should continue to be in 2021, but it will likely change due to changes within both Google and cloud computing as a whole
– AWS Developer Certification from Amazon Web Services, Inc.. This credential has been released by the company in late 2018 and enables candidates who successfully complete exams covering basic knowledge about designing applications on AWS Lambda with Python for machine learning algorithm design using TensorFlow, experience with serverless architecture concepts like event triggers or API management.
– Microsoft .NET Framework Software Engineer Expert (MCSE) certification from Microsoft Corporation® . With its focus on building software systems that are available across multiple platforms including web browsers such as Edge, Microsoft Edge is a web browser that was created by Microsoft who released it in 2017. This certification will continue to be popular due to the need for people with knowledge of this type
– Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE Programmer exam (OCAJP) credential from Oracle Corporation® . The OCAJP allows candidates who successfully complete two courses covering fundamentals and advanced topics such as data types, object-oriented programming principles, GUI development techniques and more to acquire skills in a comprehensive manner
– Cisco CCNA R&S Certification. One of the most well respected cybersecurity accreditations available in the world, this certification will give you credibility as someone who knows how manage risk across all aspects of your security program including cyber defense systems, policy development
Here is our take on it.
The CompTIA Security+ certification will be the best IT Certification in 2021. CompTIA’s comprehensive security training covers a wide range of topics from governance, risk management and compliance to network, data protection, and identity authentication with an extensive hands-on lab that is unmatched by any other vendor-neutral organization. CompTIA focuses on skills for today’s IT leaders who need to understand how their whole enterprise works so they can keep it running smoothly while keeping customers happy and protected. The cost of this exam ranges between $200 – $250 USD depending on which CompTIA member you are applying through.
CISSP stands out as one of the most respected certifications available because it requires mastery across ten domains of security. It is an excellent choice for those looking to enter a career in information security, as well as those already working in the field who are seeking to advance their knowledge of cybersecurity and stay ahead of emerging trends. CompTIA’s CISSP certification exam costs $250 USD; there is no CompTIA member site that offers this option at present.
Microsoft AZ-900 covers topics such as Windows Server 2016, System Center Configuration Manager CMDM 2012 R14/R15 SP0 with Update Rollups, Intune Administration Essentials, Azure AD DS Design & Deployment lab (Public cloud only), Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administrator Certification Exam 70-667 Upgrading from 2003 or 2007 Models) using SharePoint 2013 & Office 365.